R600 refrigerant, butane, is a natural refrigerant suitable for many refrigeration applications.
R600 refrigerant is environmentally friendly and efficient
R600 is a commonly used refrigerant with low environmental impact and good thermodynamic performance. R600 has low power consumption in refrigeration applications. It is also compatible with several different lubricants.
Applications and use
The R600 is suitable for a variety tasks in industrial, commercial and household refrigeration, such as professional kitchen refrigerators and freezers and desks, as well as refrigeration and freezing appliances.
Security and usage restrictions
R600 is rated in EN378-1 as Class A3 extremely flammable refrigerant.
- Filling quantity in refrigeration equipment <150 g without restrictions.
- In addition, the EN60335-2-89 standard allows a filling volume of up to <494 g in the devices covered.
- HFC refrigerants may only be sold for professional use. The handling of HFCs requires a permit issued by Tukes.
R600 is an alternative to the following traditional HFC refrigerants:
- The R600 offers an environmentally friendly, low GWP (4) alternative to traditional HFC refrigerants such as R134a.
- Log in to our online store to see our current prices.
- Prices and purchases also quickly by phone +358 20 5588 250
Dispose refrigerants responsibly. Return the recovered refrigerants to a waste disposal facility or importer for disposal. Proof of properly disposed refrigerant is provided in a form of certificate. The EU waste code for R600 refrigerant is 16 05 04.
- Read Embargo Refrigeration Club article: Main natural refrigerants and their advantages
- Read the article on the differencies between Butane, Isobutane and Propane